Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Don't Taze Me Bro! This is is just what I think should happen.

First of all, I think Shopper Marketing is the New Marketing; just like Red is the new Black. (A sales lady once told me this while I was buying a new Coach bag for my wife) Shopper Marketing is not a path to simply get another display on the retail floor (although that certainly can happen). I think if brand marketers do not change their paradigm on this point, the competition will take advantage of that weakness.
Shopper Marketing is the blend of the retailer's strategy fused with the brand's, or should I say category's. It's about moving the marketing spend closer to the point of purchase. The way we are measuring return now seems wrong to me. We take a very short term view and it is predicated on merchandising support, not other important metrics like awareness. Thank goodness for the P.R.I.S.M. project. http://instoremarketer.org/?q=node/5779 Hopefully, this will help all of us change our point of view on what Shopper Marketing is and what it isn't.

No comments: